Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Hey Kids Cory here,

So uh, yeah, hmmm.... So much to say. Chad has been working like a machine. We are into day 4 and Chad is currently mixing "40 Days". Its kind of a dark and creepy song (which is good, mind you). Im not gonna make fun of anyone. Im not gonna say much at the moment for I am currently not in a gabby mood. I love music. I love this band. I love, I love, I love. Im gonna post some pics. Theme song for the trip has been Jacobs version of Mason Jennnings classic song, Be Here Now (but Jacob sings it in an annoying Arnold Schwarzeneggadoger accent). What made me think of this you ask? Jacob just walked by singing it... again.

Oh and Jacob posted one of our new tracks on our myspace page www.myspace.com/corymon. Jacob entitled the new song Black Doggy. Jacob sings on this one so when you listen to the track you will hear the first reason why we are now considering having Jacob front the band. If you have ever had the chance of hearing me play my unorthodox drum style, you will then know reason number 2.

Pics:
Matt is a busy dude here in Minneapolis so we haven't been able to spend as much time with him as we would have liked but we did have the blessed opportunity of staying with him and his family. It was really great to spend some time with Matt, Xia, Mia and Max. You have a truly beautiful family Matt. Playing music is such a blessing and has enabled us to meet many amazing people. I can honestly say it has led me to many of my bestest friends. Im extremely grateful for Matt and his family. So last night Matt swung by the studio. We decided to jam out a mellow little tune the youth are calling 'You Don't Know Me'. Chad grabbed a mix of vintage mics and set them up... good times. Good song. So we were able to get Matt on the album as I had hoped. Cory Mon & the Starlight Gospel featuring MATT JENNINGS is the tag line that we are currently contemplating. Photos captured the moment yall. Also viewable are photos of the telephone and vintage pre-amp that I sang through for a Tom Waitsy effect on 40 Days.

Love you guys
Cory






ps last post was from Eric, yes I know big surprise Eric wrote on the blog. Problem is Jacob felt he had to edit a portion of the blog so that his parents didnt think he was hanging with the wrong crowd... or just possibly to spare the whole lot of you from hearing and experiencing the dirt that at times runs through our minds and escapes out of our mouths. Its good to have a good example like Jacob in the band. Dirty old dudes like Eric and I are in need of such clean and saintly influence.

No comments: