Monday, August 18, 2008

The Minnesota

BLOG BLOG BLOGGITY BLOG

So the beginning of our blog is influenced by our coming trip to Minnesota. We are recording our next album with Chad Weiss (http://www.myspace.com/weischad). Check out his Myspace page to see his many accomplishments. Our good friend Matt Jennings (http://www.myspace.com/mattjenningsmusica) is the main reason we have been blessed with such good fortune. We've decided to document our trip to Minnesota in blog form whether or not we really keep it up with current photos and stories or not remains to be seen...

In celebration of our departing for Minnesota we will be posting the song, The Minnesota, on our myspace page(www.myspace.com/corymon). We have recorded 4 songs with our best friend Clarke Jackman here in Orem, The Minnesota being one of them:

Jeff Stone and I were up late one night when i came up with the chord progression and the line "I float the Minnesota". We jammed on it for a while and were quite pleased. I remember Jeff asking "what are you saying about Minnesota" and i was like "I float the Minnesota". "What does that mean?" "I dont know man, but its pretty cool". "Yeah man." "Yeah man."
That night I had a dream that I was floating on a raft on a large body of water waiting... for something". The Minnesota is both about a dream I had and also about following ones dreams, in particular my following of the musical dream. I dont need alot. Im not asking for alot. I just want to keep playing. I want to keep writing. It keeps me alive. It keeps me me. I want to make a life of this and more importantly I want to not only continue to believe in but receive miracles... "I know you want, you want for me".

believe and receive.
hugs and tickles
cory

2 comments:

The Tait Family said...

Cory and Band, Good luck to all of you in the studio. May the tender mercies of music flow to your fingertips. I anxiously await the sweet nectar of tunes that will one ooze out of my earphones like cool water from the "Minnesota". You guys are great! Be safe, be good, be creative. Love ya Cor! -Kerry Tait, Orlando, FL

Debra Fotheringham said...

Yay. CoryMon blog! Are you going to share with us your favorite recipes? ;)

Good luck up there.