Monday, August 25, 2008

Jacob again! Eric and Devin are in the lounge watching Heroes on DVD. They love that show and have been watching a lot of it on this trip. Meanwhile team Lefty (Cory and myself) is working hard. Cory is singing through a telephone. Wow! We are now in a 4 star hotel and we like it much better than the Hotel 6. I used a clarifying shampoo this morning and I really hope that it doesn’t make my hair clear because I think that would look really weird. I prefer brown over transparent. We were up recording until 4am last night and needless to say we were all super exhausted. We got a bit lost on our way back to the Hotel and all our different tired people personalities really emerged as we tried to team navigate our way through downtown Minneapolis. Here they are: Cory becomes extremely brutal and relentless with his teasing and joking; Eric becomes super quiet and reserved, possibly due to extreme amounts of very justified irritation; Devin becomes a total slurry mumbly drunk and tries to communicate with not much success at all; and I am just flat out loud and annoying. We all got through it really well and we have now concluded as a band that, if we can endure something like that at 4am after a super long day of recording and playing together we can endure anything. Good to know. These guys really are my best friends and I’m thankful for them and there patience. As a band we are also extremely thankful for Chad. He is such a mega, super hard worker and is moving things along the way we need and want them to move. We are now calling him coach. He is dedicated to our team and our success on this album. He really doesn’t have to stay up with us until 4am, or hook us up with a way nicer hotel for less money, or do a lot of things that he does for that matter. Thank you Chad! I dub you Champion of the Universe!

No comments: